Since 2004, Korea University Medical Center has annually invited certain numbers of foreign clinical staff for Visiting Fellow Program in order to promote medical development and international exchange and cooperation
Candidates with foreign nationality must be approved by the director of Korea University Medical Center for the Visiting Fellow Program. They are allowed to apply only for clinical fields, not for basic studies fields.
those who have obtained medical doctor's license or equivalent abroad
those who have obtained a Ph.D or equivalent in medical science-related fields abroad
those who can speak in Korean or English
those who are approved by the director of KUMC
Required Number of persons
Annually two for each institution, total eight (two each for 3 hospitals, and two for KUMC)
Maximum one year, may be adjusted when approved by the director of KUMC.
Details of Support
Amounts of support : 3 million wons(approx. US $ 3,000) annually per visiting researcher
Support type : paying the amounts to the organization in charge of the program
Other support: free meals at faculty dining room
Visitors must pay other expenses arising from program participation during their stay.
issuing visas for participants in the visiting fellow program.
When all the spaced were not filled in the first half of the year, the unfilled number of people will additionally be selected upon announcement(September) in the second half of the year.
Application and admission are handled by the professor who recommended foreigners to KUMC or a related clinic.
In March every year, Visiting Fellow Program is announced through the internal notification of KUMC.
Applications are received by people who are in an advisor(KUMC) or chief or head professor status who recommended foreign clinic researchers(applications and attached documents must be submitted together)
Decision will be made by the internal selection committee of KUMC(confirmed by around May or June)
Recommendations: professors at KUMC or related clinics must gather all documents and then submit them when applying for visiting fellow program.
Documents for recommendation
- Recommendation letter for foreign medical personnel for visiting fellow program, written by an advisor professor.
- Training or research planning reports for foreign researchers written by an advisor professor.
Documents for applicants
- Program Application form : Designated form by KUMC (Application for visiting fellow
- Recommendation letter written by the director of institution where the candidate currently works.
- Copies of licenses and other certifications : Medical diploma, doctor's license, a certificate of holding office, etc.
- Physical examination report issued by a medical institution in their home-country, describing no physical problems on the applicant.
- Other documents needed for the program: Research performance results and paper reference materials, documents for visa issue, etc.